Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Excitement, As Always

I don't even know where to begin. The past 5 or so weeks of my life have been an absolute roller coaster. Today, as I sit here, I feel like Kimbo has taken me out back for 43-seconds of ultimate fighting. And everyone knows that 43-seconds is more than enough time for Kimbo to destroy a person. Between work and the personal mini-dramas that keep popping up, I'm lucky to still be standing. So, let's quickly recap, shall we?


Workwise, I have worked everyday for the past 5 weeks...putting in at least 3 hours of overtime everyday. Sometimes that might be from home but usually I'm in the office. But, we're making some serious progress. Today we are training our group of 9 pilot users. These people will actually begin using Windows Vista on Monday. They will be attempting to run this new system. While I know there will be issues, I am cautiously optimistic that the issues can be quickly resolved and these people will actually be able to accomplish something over the 3-week pilot period.


I am looking forward to June when this rollout will finally be complete and I can finally relax. The amount of stress I have endured due to this rollout may be unequaled in my life. If it's not one issue, it's another. And, quite frankly, I don't like it that much. I am usually able to leave work and not think about it again until I walk in the next day. Unfortunately, that hasn't been the case over the past few months. But I can see a finish line.


To add to my stress levels, things have not been exactly quiet on my personal side of life. I love my friends to death but a few of them have cost me some serious sleep time. I can't, and won't, go into details but let's just say I missed a few meals due to a complete loss of appetite. And, on top of that, I had to fight the freakin' flu for a solid week in the middle of the firestorm. And I've had some other things I really wanted to get done but I'm not making any progress on any of that either. But I think we're getting better on all fronts...


At the end of the day, I'm just saying it's been a rough month-plus for me. Yes, I'm whining but I needed to vent a little and, hey, I can write about whatever I want. I'm feeling better though. The days are getting longer. The weather is bad but I can see sunshine in the morning and, eventually, I will see it again in the evening. The problems will dissipate and everything will be good again soon. My optimism will return and Hillary will lose and all will be right with the world. At least it better be...I just want this upgrade to be over. Along with everything else...

No comments: