Monday, July 23, 2007

Elevator Exchages - Part Two

Well, as I have said before, I despise idle chat in the elevator. I try my best to time my arrival so that I can ride solo in an elevator. It's really my first goal of the morning because I'm tired and I really don't want to have a mundane conversation about the weather. Monday's are always bad because you definitely don't want to be at work. And the person on the elevator is sure to point that out. So, I provide you with this morning's exchange on the elevator...

I enter the elevator with two other ladies...we'll call them Lady 1 and Lady 2. Here goes:

Lady 1: Isn't everyone glad to be back?
Me: Uh-huh.
Lady 2: Hahahahaha
Me: Ha
Lady 1: Those weekends just go by too fast.
Me: Uh-huh
Lady 2: Hahahahaha
Lady 1: I tell you, if paychecks came like Mondays that would be good.
Me: Oh yeah
Lady 2: Hahahahaha
Lady 1: It would change our entire outlook on Mondays.
Me: Yeah...well, have a good day.
Lady 2: Hahahahaha...you too.
Lady 1: Have a good Monday.
Me: Uh-huh.

If paychecks came like Mondays we would all have a different outlook on Mondays. I'm not sure what that means...does she mean if we got paid on Monday we would look at it differently? We do sometimes...we get paid on the 15th and 30th. Or maybe she meant if we got paid every Monday. I have no idea.

If paychecks came like Mondays, we would have a whole different outlook on Mondays. I wanted to say that wasn't true...we like paychecks, we still wouldn't like Monday. But, that would have prolonged the conversation and created bad blood too early for me. I just let it go and hope to not ride the elevator on another Monday with her because I have a feeling she uses that same line every Monday. And, eventually, I would have to challenge it.

1 comment:

Chris said...

She is reading this blog right now, and as a result, hates you. Happy Monday.