Saturday, April 28, 2007

Draft Day

Oh, the humanity. I missed the first 15 picks because of a prior engagement. Imagine my surprise (and joy) that Brady Quinn was still on the board. About the time I turned on the television, someone was interviewing Quinn and he looked pretty sick about the whole thing. How embarrassing is it to be in that room, expecting to be picked 3rd in the NFL draft, and still be sitting there after pick 10, 11, 12, 16, etc.

I'm not surprised that everyone passed on Quinn. He never really proved himself a big-time quarterback at Notre Dame. They made some impressive comebacks last season but they blew every big game they played. I'm sure there were a lot of crying Irish fans today. Which is very, very funny.

Anyway, I'm not going to watch much more of this draft. I can't stand listening to Boomer at all. Morton and Steve Young fighting over the Packers pick was funny but I can't stand them yelling back and forth. Mel Kiper, Jr. is full of hot air. He is extremely overrated. And why is Keyshawn there? Talk about a table full of egos. I can't handle any more. I just hope Quinn happens to fall into the second round. I doubt it though...someone will grab him. But it's still funny...

No comments: