Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sweep the Elevator

Alright...I found this rather ridiculous...

I'm trying to leave work last evening...I was stuck in here a little later than I would prefer but that's par for the course lately...and I catch the ol' elevator on 9 and start down. So, I'm cruising down and I hear a vacuum running. Hey, at least the cleaning staff is vacuuming...good deal.

Well, the vacuum gets louder and elevator slows...and I notice that the elevator has now stopped on the second floor. And, of course, that is where the cleaning person is sweeping. And, next thing I know, the vacuum enters the elevator. He is sweeping out the elevator. With me in it.

Next thing I know, vacuum is revving at my feet...he wants me to move. So I speak and receive no response...so I move to the right and he sweeps where I had previously stood. Then the vacuum is at my feet again and I move to the left and he sweeps where I stood. And then the vacuum leaves the elevator and I continue my downward journey.

Other than a brief "hey" from me, no words are spoken. The man just vacuumed and went about his way. It was rather surreal. I wasn't very happy because he could have easily waited for another minute to vacuum while the elevator was empty but decided to do it while I was on there. And in a bit of a hurry to leave. No matter...I guess at least he was sweeping?

No comments: