Sunday, August 26, 2007

Miscellaneous Stuff

So yesterday I head to my bank to deposit my paycheck (don't ask why I don't use Direct Deposit). And, of course, all 5 drive thru lines are backed up 3-4 deep. And it takes forever. My first reaction is to blame the tellers. How many are in there? Can't they work a little faster? Yada yada yada. But, after watching the folks in front of me for a bit, I figured out that the problem is actually the people doing the banking. Can they not fill out the deposit slips or whatever before they get to the window? Can they not be prepared instead of having to talk to the teller for 5 minutes about what they want? If your request is that complicated, why do you not go inside?

I just don't get people who actually use the bank pen...or, worse, have to request a pen through the little bank canister...to fill out whatever paperwork they need. When I pull up to that window, I am prepared. It's the least I could do. I just don't see why it's that difficult to be prepared.

I previously mentioned that East Fairmont won their home opener against Elkins. What I failed to mention was the new addition to East Fairmont footbal...a giant EF Bee to act as a tunnel. I honestly had no idea that it was coming so it was a surprise and the crowd really seemed to enjoy it. Personally, I think it's a very nice addition to the game. And it's one mean looking Bee.

Lastly today, I read in the paper today hat Mannington is going to hookup to Fairmont for water. Now was it not just 5-6 short months ago that Fairmont ran out of water and poor Grant Town was without water for like 2-3 weeks or something? Did anyone explain why Fairmont ran out of water? And was there ever a resolution as to who was paying the nearly $1 million dollar tab for trying to find the source of Fairmont's water issue? And now Mannington is going to hook up to Fairmont for their water supply? Something about that just doesn't make sense to me...but, hey, there's a lot of things in this city that don't make sense to me...just put another one on the list.

No comments: