Sunday, February 19, 2006

The Olympics Are Still Going...

I have tried to watch the Olympics...I mean, it is entertaining but generally by the time NBC airs it, I have already seen the results. And, the ratings have been low for the Olympics so far, which is not surprising. Number one reason is my complaint...who wants to watch it when you know the Americans already lost. Number two, don't we all kinda expect the USA to win everything or at least be in a position to win everything? I mean, I guess we're spoiled.

The only sports I have liked is the speed skating and the snowboard cross...that was pretty neat. I've watched some curling...I don't know why but at least I understand what they're doing. Ice skating...I have no idea. I saw ice dancing the other night...how is that a sport? I don't understand why they have to do all that dancing stuff in the regular ice skating either...the only thing worth watching is the jumps and stuff...not all the dance stuff. Weird sport.

In other news, WVU is 0-2 this week. I can't say they struggled against UConn but getting outrebounded by 20 is tough to overcome. I don't think there's any solution for it at this point. And did anyone else see Rashad Anderson flip off the student section. It was very prominent on CBS...I can't believe no one picked up on this. Did the crowd of 14,683 see it? I want to see a picture. UConn is my NCAA champion this year.

Other stuff from the week that I didn't get to earlier because I have been too busy at work to update:
  • I'm glad Indiana chased off Mike Davis. He whined too much. They need to beg Bobby Knight to come back.
  • Nate Robinson should not have won the dunk contest...not that I care that much. I really dislike the NBA.
  • Shani Davis is the first black to win an individual gold. He seemed real happy about it.
  • The Daytona 500 is today. My pick: Please, anyone but Gordon or Jimmy Johnson.
  • How is Dick Vitale a finalist for the Basketball Hall of Fame? I think he's hurting college basketball...I'm almost to a point I can't watch a game he calls. He's like the Lee Corso of basketball...
  • Has anyone else seen the VH1 show WebJunk 20? Basically, they take the funny videos off the Internet and show them on a TV show. I'm not a fan of that...videos on the Internet belong on the Internet.
  • And this: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/mazeprankcry.html is a funny video on the Internet.

That's about it for today...I'll try to be a little more timely on the updates...

No comments: