Monday, February 20, 2006

Kobe Makes Me Ill

Watching the NBA All-Star game last night, which ranks 2nd among the best all-star games behind basketball, was entertaining at times but Kobe Bryant just ruined all the fun I had watching it. The West was up 21 and the East came back to win, which is pretty remarkable. But, towards the end when Kobe and LeBron were mixing it up, you had the feeling that Kobe Bryant's entire feeling of self-importance was on the line. And, I just can't stand him. I wish Shaq would just sit on him and get it over with.

Barry Bonds announced that 2006 would be his last year. I wish he'd just retire now. Bonds is the only guy in baseball who is receiving a free pass on the steroids issue. McGuire's reputation has been destroyed. Sosa can't even get on a team. But everyone still treats Bonds like a god. I mean, this is the guy whose personal trainer is a known steroid pusher yet people are trying to kid themselves into believing that Bonds is clean. A lot of people are saying McGuire may not get into the Baseball Hall of Fame on the first vote but Bonds is a lock. How is that fair? Bonds is as guilty, if not more so, for the entire streroid era in baseball and I think it's ridiculous for this scum to get a free pass because he's going to pass Babe Ruth in homeruns. Babe Ruth = hero. Barry Bonds = louse.

Of course Jimmy Johnson won the Daytona 500 just because I really didn't want him to. One of my co-workers is a Johnson fan and I don't like either one of them really...

WVU plays Louisville tonight...I hate to say any game is a must-win but it would be nice to get the victory. It's important to get back on the winning track and Louisville is not that great so this would be a good victory.

That's about it for now...it's Presidents' Day but I had to come into work...and, I'm leaving now because, well, I'm done.

No comments: