Monday, February 13, 2006

Eddie Sutton Made Me Sad

Eddie Sutton, the 69-year old coach of Oklahoma State, is done coaching for the year after being involved in a traffic accident in which he was cited for driving under the influence. If you don't know Eddie Sutton, see his picture below...and tell me, does that look like a guy who would get cited with DUI?


In all seriousness though, it is sad. I really like Eddie Sutton...I mean, look at the guy...how can you not support someone like that? If you're wondering how good of a coach Eddie is, look at his record...an astouding 794-310. He is the first coach to ever take 4 teams to the NCAA tournament. His son will take over at Oklahoma State...I'm not sure we'll ever see Eddie Sutton coaching again.

In other news...Kentucky is likely to miss the NCAA tournament...the Wildcats have one victory against an NCAA Tourney worthy team. That team: West Virginia. But, that was in November when WVU was losing the bulk of their games...a whopping 3.

CBS thinks the Mountaineers are still a Top 10 team despite their loss to Pittsburgh...the Sportsline Top 25 has West Virginia at Number 7...a move UP one spot since last week. I guess that win in the MCI Center resonated...

Is it me or did Gerry McNamara of Syracuse become bad? Yeah, he's averaging 16+ points a game but he's shooting 31% from 3-land and 34% overall. Maybe the defenses are playing him tougher...but I swear he was better last year. I mean, he's feeding his team with assists but his shooting has been atrocious.

Is anyone watching the Olympics? Maybe I'll talk about them tomorrow...but that's it for today.

No comments: