Monday, August 01, 2005

Ten Least Favorite Sports Teams

It's difficult to limit myself to just 10 sports teams that I really don't like but I don't have time to go through 50. And, this list pretty much fluctuates on a daily basis depending on who is making headlines and what season it is...but here goes:


Mike's Top Ten Despised Sports Teams

10. New England Patriots (NFL) - They probably wouldn't make the list if it wasn't for the last two Super Bowls and the fact I'm so against Boston right now. I'm tired of listening to the comparisons to the '70s Steelers and I'm tired of hearing how they win "the right way". What, is Larry Brown up there somewhere?

9. USC Trojans (College Football) - Falls into the same category as the Patriots. They won a championship, a Heisman and are the leading candidates to do it again. Well, good for them.

8. Notre Dame Fighting Irish (College Football) - I once was a Notre Dame fan...until they beat the Mountaineers in the Fiesta Bowl. That began a downward spiral for the Irish in my eyes. And, a couple years ago when they took the Mountaineers place in the Gator Bowl...that was strike two. And, when they sat by and watched as the Big East imploded, well, they were out in my book.

7. Virginia Tech Hokies (College Football) - VTech was nowhere until the Mountaineers pleaded with the Big East to allow them to join the conference. How was the Big East rewarded? After pledging allegiance to the Big East, the Hokies ran to the ACC.

6. Florida Gators/Florida State Seminoles (College Football/Basketball) - There are three dominate sports teams in Florida. I choose to support the Hurricanes which means Ihave no room for the other two. I don't like Florida...never have. Ditto for Florida State.

5. Cleveland Browns (NFL) - They'd be higher on the list if they actually could win a game. As a Steelers fan, I have to hate the Browns. I will admit that I was disappointed when they moved to Baltimore and I was happy when the league expanded and put the franchise back. If for no other reason, a couple easy wins for the Steelers.

4. Pittsburgh Panthers (College Football/Basketball) - The Panthers are just hated. End of story.

3. Los Angeles Lakers (NBA) - Do I hate the Lakers? Yes. Can I quantify that? Not really. I just don't like them. I don't like Kobe. I don't like Phil Jackson. I don't like Jerry Buss. Atkins, George, Bynum, Walton...if you're wearing the Purple and Yellow, I don't like you. If only the Clippers weren't so bad...

2. Duke Blue Devils (College Basketball) - I am a UNC fan. I don't like Duke. I don't like Coach K. I don't like the Cameron Crazies. That's that.

1. BOSTON RED SOX (MLB) - I think I went through this in an earlier entry. You'll have to check that out because I'm not writing it again...but I do NOT like the Boston Red Sox.

Should I have added someone or left someone off this list, e-mail me or leave a comment and explain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

>>1. BOSTON RED SOX (MLB) - I think I went through this in an earlier entry. You'll have to check that out because I'm not writing it again...but I do NOT like the Boston Red Sox.<<


Thats not how I raised you! Where did I go wrong?