Monday, August 25, 2008

Erase Five Bands

Kinda interesting to see and hear what bands people would erase from history. It sounds pretty simple...pick five bands you really hate and erase them. But when I got to thinking about it, I realized that it was very, very difficult to pick only five. I'm going to go through some bands that just missed the cut...and, don't get mad, I even own CDs from some of these groups...I'm just not sure it's necessary.


There's a whole genre of new rock out there that I can't stand. The group "Type O Negative" epitomizes this music. I could look beyond the heaviness of the rock if it weren't for all the screaming. There's actually a little musicality there but I can't stand screaming and growling in music. Sing the song with some god-given talent...don't just yell in a microphone. Not all their songs are like that either...just had to make some though. I would erase all those bands if I could.


I could probably also do without all the artists like Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne, etc., but it's not worth the effort to put them on the list. Also, dump Country music all together...it's basically turned into pop music anyway so I'm not sure why it remains its own genre (except for the lyrics...) And I could do without a lot of one-hit wonder groups, especially the dance ones like Los Del Rio, Rednex, Quad City DJs and Toni Basil.

Anyway, here goes:


Kid Rock
Metallica - Yeah, I cannot stand Metallica. Get over it.
U2 - This is not the greatest band ever.
New Bon Jovi - A country album? Are you serious?
Aerosmith - One the '90s hit, this band sucked. "Crazy," "Cryin'" -- how about pukin'.

So, those are 5 "artists" I would definitely erase if I could. There are far more that I would put on the chopping block but those five are pretty good. Popular and poor, in my not so humble opinion.

Feel free to keep contributing your ideas. I was surprised to see Nirvana on a couple lists...but, hey, to each his or her own, right?

1 comment:

STEELE said...

The Who


Thats who i would eliminate......thats all