Friday, August 08, 2008

Brett Favre / Olympics / Etc.

First, I am so disappointed that Brett Favre was traded to the J-E-T-S, Jets Jets Jets. I was really hoping he'd stick around Green Bay for a few weeks and make everyone miserable and then decide to retire again. Some people will always blame the Green Bay administration for the Favre debacle but I think Favre is truly to blame. He's been this way for years and only now do people see that he has to be the center of attention. He might have a good season in New York. I don't think he will...but, one thing is for sure, it will be entertaining.

The Olympics start this evening. Talk about a debacle. Obviously the Chinese are coming under some pretty harsh criticism already for attempting to control the media's coverage of the Olympics and restricting Internet access. What did you expect from a Communist country that has a severe human rights issue? The funniest thing to me though is that more people are focusing on China's environmental issues than their human rights issues. In some people's minds abusing the environment is a far worse crime than actually abusing people. That is sad to me.

Some people might look at this as a chance for China to make improvements. I see just the opposite. If the world is willing to stand by and watch China oppress its citizens and actually reward the country for such behavior, why would they ever change? Make no mistake about it, China is the future of tyranny in the world. A scary, scary world.

Lastly, I'll be out of town for a week. So, I apologize in advance for not keeping up...but, hey, I'm a busy person. Sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some people just don't know when to fade away.

And I haven't watched an Olympics since 2006. I won't be watching this one.