So, some quick observations...
- West Virginia is a lock for the tournament. The question is whether they will get a bye in New York or not. The loss to Cincinnati was unnecessary. They may need to beat Louisville on Saturday to avoid playing on Tuesday in the Big East tourney.
- If Notre Dame didn't have the name Notre Dame, would anyone even consider them on the bubble for the NCAA tournament? They're horrible and Luke Harangody is a bum.
- I kinda like Louisville to win the Big East tournament. Pittsburgh will choke and I just don't think UConn is going to do it. Mark down the Cardinals.
- Oklahoma better hope Blake Griffin doesn't get injured again. Talk about the wheels falling off...
- Watch out because Kansas is playing like the defending national champions. They completely decimated a good Missouri team on Sunday. They could go deep into the tournament and throw out some favorites.
- Speaking of Kansas throwing out a favorite, I'm worried about North Carolina. The 30-point victory over Georgia Tech allayed some of my fears but there's still something amiss with this team. I hope to see strong games against V. Tech and dook. They're still my favorite for the tournament...I just have a few reservations.
- The SEC is one weak basketball conference.
Some teams have a lot of work left to make the tournament. It should be a fun end of the year. Most of the teams I care about are already locked in. If Notre Dame doesn't make the cut, I'll be a happy person until the tournament actually begins.