Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Super Bowl

Well, it's Arizona vs. Pittsburgh. So, I was wr-wr-wr -- I was mistaken when I said it would be Philadelphia and Baltimore. Those things happen. I would much rather see a Pittsburgh / Philadelphia matchup because I think Arizona is playing really good football. The key to the Super Bowl will be pressure that Pittsburgh can get on Kurt Warner, or the lack thereof. More information on that as the game approaches.

For now, I'm going to watch news coverage of the coming of the Messiah. Oh wait, again I'm mistaken...it's actually the swearing in of President Barack Obama. Given the way the media is gushing and acting, I would have thought it would be much more. I could go on and on about the over-the-top coverage but I'm sure there will be plenty of other people parsing the extremely partisan coverage. Listening to Tom Brokaw compare the new regime to a changing of the regime in a communist Checkoslvakia nearly made me turn off the coverage completely but then I remembered it's Tom Brokaw and NBC...what should I really expect?

I'm sure I'll have more to say about the Inaugural coverage soon. And I have some comments regarding Joe Manchin's Inaugural Address. All that and more (or less) soon.

No comments: