Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Banana and Some Water Walk Into a Bar...

The water orders an orange and turns to the banana and says "orange you glad I didn't say banana..."


Yeah, that's not funny. Anyway, I had a survey the other day regarding the ripeness of a banana. The pictures I posted of that banana may not have necessarily reflected the ripeness of said banana. As a matter of fact, I may have done a little photoshopping on said banana to make it appear a little more green than it should have been. The banana may have actually been past ripeness...but, hey, whatcha gonna do? So, here's the real banana pictures:




Yes, I attempted to cheat on the banana ripeness contest here at work. Yes, I am ashamed and, yes, I admitted to attempting to cheat. It was all in good fun but Abe Vigoda would not approve...



In other news, Stanley and I had a full day water drinking contest here at the office to which I also must admit defeat as part of my retribution for the banana debacle. While I drank an impression 28 glasses (probably around 16 ounce per) of water throughout the 8.5 hour day, Stanley drank an incomparable 35 glasses. The glasses weren't completely full but the standard was pretty high. Needless to say we crushed a 5-gallon tank + over the course of the day. And I spent a measurable amount of my afternoon traveling between my desk and the nearest restroom. Thankfully Friday was a slow workday compared to almost every other day. The co-workers enjoyed the spirited contest and, well, I'm not sure I did.


So now it is Saturday and I have been called into work and am waiting for a return call for a support issue that has arisen this morning. I was rudely awakened at 8 and traveled into the office to be greeted by the Clarksburg 10K. What should be a 24-minute travel time turned into a 45-minute travel thanks to all the closed roads in downtown Clarksburg. That made me very pleased. Now I must sit here and hope someone else works on a Saturday. And I'm going to stay away from the water...and that banana, which is still laying around here somewhere...

No comments: