Thursday, May 22, 2008

NBA Playoffs

I think I asked this same question last year...but I'm too lazy to go back and look at the moment...but is anyone watching this? Does anyone watch the NBA anymore? I did watch the LA/San Antonio game last night, which was a very good game actually. I was mostly watching to hope Kobe would lose but, unfortunately, that didn't occur. Los Angeles overcame a 20-point deficit to win by 4. I think that should be a good series. On the other side, Boston plays Detroit tonight in Game 2. Boston leads the series 1-0. I'm pulling for Boston to win the whole thing really. I think Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and the crew up there have earned a title. I'm not sure Detroit can overcome some injuries. Should be interesting...but no one is watching.

In another sport no one is watching, the Penguins will face Detroit for the Stanley Cup. I must admit that I haven't really kept up much on hockey...at all. But I'm going to try to make it a point to watch this series considering it marks the resurgence of Pittsburgh hockey. The Penguins had put together quite a run several years back and it's nice to see that they're back to the top of the mountain. After threatening to leave Pittsburgh and going through some serious financial woes, this is an amazing turnaround. It doesn't hurt that they landed Sidney Crosby, of course.

And lastly, in something else no one is watching, John McCain appeared on "Ellen" today, which is hosted by none other than Ellen DeGeneres. Obviously McCain is trying to reach out to new voters but, well, I'm not sure this is going to help him. I'm starting to get the feeling that running McCain against Obama is similar to when the Republicans ran Bob Dole against Bill Clinton. Sure, Dole was a great statesman and very deserving to be president but he wasn't a serious contender. Dole was awesome, don't get me wrong, but the appeal just didn't exist. And I'm afraid McCain may be in the same boat here. Should be an interesting summer in politics.

No comments: